The key to human society is the communication. As humans, we have gained the ability to communicate in an effective way.
With the development of technology, there is more than one method of communication and even simpler and faster than the older methods.
There is also face to face communication found with the new technology.
People still put a lot to store with face to interactions because of the Body Language even there is a lot of growth in technology.
Body Language is a separate and well-developed domain. Because of its intricacies hide our deepest traits and behavioral patterns it has been studied extensively by people all over the world.
Do you know how to understand body language? Do you know when your “Body” gives you away while you say one thing but don’t mean it? Do you know how to tell apart these signs in others while conversing?
This is how information could be processed and understood when a person says something,
- 10% of what the person actually said
- 40% from the tone and speed of the voice
- 50% is from the body language of the individual
- If someone is lowering their head during a conversation it could mean that the person lacks confidence. If a person lowers their head while being complimented, it shows their timid/shy nature.
- If a person continuously touches or tugs at their ear, it shows their indecisiveness.
- A sincere smile would light up the eyes as well as the face not just the mouth.
- A false smile, as stated above, would only show on the lips.
- If someone is tilting head during a conversation it means a person’s interest in it.
- An overly tilted head is a sign of sympathy.
- People usually close their eyes and pinch the bridge of their nose while making a negative evaluation.
- When someone nods, it shows that they are interested in what is being said.
- A person will touch/rub one’s nose when in doubt or while rejecting an idea.
- If someone is sticking chin out, it is an indication of defiance.
- People often rest their cheek on one of the hands while thinking.
The Upper Body
- By pushing back of one’s shoulders, it shows the power and courage.
- People who are willing to talk to others and are comfortable with being approached keep their arms open.
- A person who is dissatisfied or who intends to keep him/herself barricaded from the others will keep their arms folded.
- If someone is resting the arms behind one’s neck, it shows that the person is open to the conversation and is listening intently.
- It is a sign of aggression or assertiveness in them when a person points their fingers.
- If someone is touching the front of the neck, it means a person’s interest and concern for a topic.
- It indicates a positive and open behavior and mentality if someone is keeping the hand movements upward and outward during a conversation.
- A person might be thinking or evaluating with interlaced fingers or finger tips that are pressed together.
The Lower Body
- If someone is putting their hands on their hips it shows the readiness, eagerness, or even aggression.
- Hips pushed forward while the upper body leans back shows that a person feels powerful and also a suggestive gesture.
- It shows a person is powerful and dominant if standing with one’s feet positioned far apart, a wide stance.
- If a person is sitting with their legs parted, it indicates that they are comfortable with their surroundings.
- The ‘Figure of four cross’, when one ankle is on top of the other leg’s knee and the top leg is pointing sideways is a confident and powerful position.
- It shows that they’re bored if a person bounces their legs while crossed.
- By lowering of the eyes shows the fear, guilt or submission.
- If you don’t look into the other person’s eyes it shows your lack of confidence or your apprehensiveness.
- People tend to lower their eyebrows or squint while understanding what is being said or is going on.
- Wide eyes show a person’s interest in a conversation.
- When someone’s nervous, or is trying to evaluate someone a person will blink rapidly.
- If person quickly glances sideways during a conversation, it is a common indication of irritation.
- People tend to look up and towards right while trying to recall a memory.
- A person who is thinking deeply will tend to look directly upwards.