Most of the people suffer from pain in knees, ankles or hips.
But, there are numerous physical therapy exercises that can restore the strength and flexibility of your knees, ankles, and hips.
You can have a great reduction in your pain if you do these exercises regularly.
Place your hands on the top of a chair while standing and do the following:
- Bend one knee to lift one leg.
- Lift the heel of the foot that is on the ground.
- Carefully lower your heel back to the ground.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Switch to the other leg and do the same thing again.
This exercise can be done at any place and you don’t need any equipment for this.
You have to walk around on your toes for at least five minutes to fifteen minutes and stop when you’re tired.
This also doesn’t need any equipment but if you prefer you can sit.
- Lift one leg.
- Rotate the ankle of the raised leg ten times in one direction.
- Switch directions and do ten more rotations.
- Do the same thing with your other ankle.
- Resistance Band Leg Pulls
You only need a stable piece of furniture, such as a table, and a resistance band for this exercise,
- Wrap one end of the resistance band around a table leg or another piece of furniture.
- Place the other end of the band around your foot.
- Put your other leg under the leg that is attached to the band.
- Bend the banded foot so that your toes point towards your face. Return to the starting position.
- Do this 10 or 15 times. Then, switch to the other foot and do the same routine.
You can use various items around your house as equipment for this exercise.
- Start with no equipment. Curl and uncurl your toes multiple times.
- Next, find a washcloth. Curl your toes around it and pick it up, then drop it. Repeat several times.
- Find something harder to grip, such as marbles. Use your toes to pick them up and drop them in a bucket.
This exercise only need a ball and it’s a great way to massage your feet.
- Press your foot onto the ball.
- Roll the ball back and forth on the bottom of your foot several times.
- Extra: Foot Massage
You can also massage your feet with your hands in addition with these exercises. Put your hand around the space between your big toe and second toe. Put your other hand between your pinkie toe and fourth toe. This will be great for pain relief.
Share this article with someone you know who is suffering from pain in many places.