When you add some garlic to meals, salads, and dips makes everything much tastier. Garlic has an amazing flavor, unique aroma and finger-licking taste and also it is one of the healthiest foods on the planet.
Garlic has the ability to improve health in many ways and it is the most powerful natural antibiotic created by Nature.
According to a study published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy which was conducted by Washington State University concentrated none of the most common bacteria, named Campylobacter.
These bacteria have the ability to cause many terrible food-borne illnesses such as diarrhea, fever, and abdominal pain.
According to the study it proved that garlic is able to destroy it 100 times more effectively than common antibiotics like erythromycin and ciprofloxacin. Scientists also claimed that it works in a fraction of the time.
Garlic has many other health benefits despite its impressive antibiotic powers.
- Garlic has the ability to strengthen the immune system by stimulating the cells and improving their efficacy
- It cleanses the blood from toxic heavy metals and relieves the side-effects of toxicity
- Garlic contains beneficial compounds that lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- The consumption of garlic lowers the risk of cancer
- Garlic can help you recover sooner if you suffer from a cold or the flu
- It is a natural way to lower blood pressure and is as effective as Atenolol
Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS advises:
“Garlic is best used raw for microbial properties, although cooked garlic still has a lot of value. In fact, the antioxidant value is equal (or sometimes even higher) when cooked, which is counterintuitive because, for most foods, cooking tends to decrease nutritional content.
Whether you’re ultimately using garlic raw or cooked, you can up the garlic benefits by chopping or crushing it and letting it sit before eating it or heating it for a recipe. The chopping activates alliinase enzymes in the garlic’s cells, and the sitting allows these enzymes to convert some of the garlic’s allin into allicin.
Allicin then rapidly breaks down to form a variety of organosulfur compounds. Scientists suggest allowing garlic to stand for 10 minutes after chopping or crushing before cooking it.”
So, don’t forget to add garlic to your daily meals and that will help you to protect your body from ailments and diseases. You also can have delicious food.