Chinese people are one of the earliest people on this planet and also they have the longest traditions. 3,500 years back, they have manuscripts that date. The Chinese people were respected for many things, especially about their words and wisdom. Here are 10 Chinese proverbs that are so powerful and have the ability to influence your life, change the way you see things and make you a better person.
- “One happiness scatters a thousand sorrows.”
There is more sadness in our life than happiness. But, happiness has a powerful effect that even one happy moment can help us forget many sad things.
- “You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them making a nest in your hair.”
There are certain things that can’t be avoided no matter how hard we try. But that doesn’t say that you won’t be able to get over them. We should learn to get through all the sadness.
- “He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes”
You will never achieve anything as you are blind if you have an ambition which is not backed up by a conscience that will lead to your goal. Conscience is which helps you see things and everything around you. So, bear in mind that if you are not conscious about the path you are walking, you can never expect to reach your destination.
- “An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break. May you be open to each thread that comes into your life, the golden ones and coarse ones- and may you weave them into a brilliant and beautiful life.”
If there’s someone who is destined to meet, we will meet them. Some of them will bring sadness and some will bring happiness. We should not deny any relationship we had as even the worst relationships teach us lessons about our lives.
- “A person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
You are not trying hard enough or your approach was negative if you give up on things. So, don’t let that negativity interrupt your positive efforts, even the negativity comes from others.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
It doesn’t matter how fast you are going towards your goal, it matters only whether you are always moving. If you hurry up in things, sometimes they bring unwanted results, so take your own time and move towards your goal slowly and steadily.
- “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
Nobody can achieve greatness from the first try. We never see the failed efforts all the successful people had to go through before achieving their goal. You need to do something every day and never get tired when you see how much there is left to do if you want to achieve something great. You need to focus on being steady and persistent, and your devotion will lead you to your goal.
- “Everyone sees the violence of the swollen river. Few see the violence of the embankments that constrain it.”
We don’t pay the attention to the cause or source; we only see the obvious things that lie on the surface. There can be a greater source that is not seen on the outside if a person did something wrong.
- “Great winds are powerless to disturb the water of a deep well.”
Be genuinely happy with yourself, then all the storms that happen around you will never affect your sense of self-acceptance.
10 “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
You need to know who you are to achieve peace. You will remain anxious about all the things that might happen if you are unaware of yourself.
There’s only hatred and violence around us and there’s no space for some wisdom in our minds. So, it stops us from getting towards a better world.