A Chinese Philosopher, teacher, a politician, Confucius was the founder of Confucianism. He is also the most influential Eastern philosopher.
Personal and governmental morality was his philosophy. The focus of his emphasis was the importance of a virtuous life, filial piety and ancestor worship.
His school of thought encompassed necessity for the correctness of social relationship and sincerity. He also highlighted the need for benevolent and frugal leaders. He taught the world of the presence of inner moral harmony and the way it connects with the harmony in the physical world.
His influence has now taken place in China and also around the globe.
Here are 20 Confucius quotes which will enlighten your mind and soul, and which will help you to change your life for the better.
- When it is obvious that goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps.
- Give instructions only to those people who seek knowledge after they have discovered their ignorance.
- If you hate a person, then you’re defeated by them.
- It is easy to hate and difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve, and bad things are very easy to get.
- Respect yourself and others will respect you.
- The man who says he can and the man who says he can’t are both correct.
- There are three methods that we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- If you look at small advantages it can prevents great affairs from being accomplished.
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
- Think of the consequences when anger rises.
- If a man meditates upon good thoughts, he can make a better world and the world at large.
- The superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions.
- If you practice these five things under all circumstances it will constitutes perfect virtue; they are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.
- The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.
- What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
- Never form a friendship with a man who is not better than you.
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
- If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.
- If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.
- You’ll not be able to follow each and every advice at once, so, first try one and then move towards the other. If possible, try couple of them together.
- You will surely find yourself in a better position, if you follow his teachings. You’ll be satisfied with your life and feel better than before.
Who was Confucius by TED – ed: