According to Marlon Brando, “Regret is useless in life. It’s in the past. All we have is now.”
Letting go of the things that has happened in the past is really hard. Strong emotional ties to events of consequence in our life have an inclination to go away an unforgettable impression. In some ways in which, it will be positive-reminiscing about a loved one that’s passed or reflective on past accomplishments. In alternative ways in which, it’s not thus positive-re-experiencing a relationship that simply didn’t pan out or torturing ourselves over a dumb decision.
Thinking of the things which have happened in the past impacts our present and future. It will be very difficult to ignore these thoughts as our brain has a cleverly devious way of reminding. Self-awareness coupled with a conscious decision to continue further forgetting all the past will allow us to have a peaceful and meaningful life.
Here are 20 signs it’s time to let go of the past and move on:
- If the people and atmosphere around us are making feelings of exhaustion, it’s time to move
- If we’ve lost the thrill and sense of curiosity in doing what we once loved, it’s most likely time to search out something else that conjures us.
- If our core beliefs and ethics are compromised as a result of the situation we’re in, it’s time to depart that scenario
- If we’re not having fun any longer, it’s time to find out something that recreates that joyful feeling.
- If we’re faking a positive disposition once the circumstances are leaving us miserable, it’s time to confront this self-deceit and move past it.
- If we’re terrified of creating changes and instead subsiding for our current condition, it’s time to embrace those fears and forward anyways.
- If we tend to feel that our dreams are not any longer relevant or potential, it’s most likely time to prompt ourselves of our purpose and take concrete steps to make it happen.
- If we tend to yearn for feelings of freedom, it’s most likely as a result of our current situation doesn’t give Try to change that.
- If our life’s current state doesn’t coincide with the expectations we’ve set, it’s time to be proactive in meeting those expectations.
- If we’re full of feelings of unhappiness than happiness; realize ourselves crying than laughing, it’s most likely as a result of a toxic situation that has to be changed.
- If our thought processes are more attracted to things in the past instead of the current or future, it’s time to create a modification.
- If we discover ourselves frequently pleading for somebody or some scenario to vary for the better, it’s worthy to ponder whether or not it’s working.
- If a current situation invokes feelings of dissatisfaction, resentfulness or complacency, it’s probably the time to create a modification.
- If rehashing reminiscences causes additional pain than comfort, it’s time to move forward and create new ones.
- If we’re unsuccessful in correcting patterns of behavior that have caused us to hurt, it’s time to evaluate why and create a positive modification.
- If we tend to feel isolated from everybody else; if we tend to feel we are not being understood and accepted; if we feel disrespected or degraded, we’re within the company of the wrong people. It’s the best time to find out new relationships.
- If somebody we’re with causes us to stop personal development or discovery, it’s going to be time to move
- If we’ve tried to “making things work” multiple times with no progress, it’s time to find out why and create a change.
- If we’ve frequently created sacrifices for our mate that hasn’t been reciprocated, it’s undoubtedly time for a discussion. It’s possible that it’s going to be time to part ways.
- If we’ve neglected our different personal relationships as a result of some person or some situation, we’re hurting them and even ourselves. It’s time to change
Every decision to move on is tough. This is often very true once these decisions involve letting go of another person or a group of people. It’s necessary to understand that we needn’t create this tough transition alone, though many people unnecessarily feel this way.
If you make a decision to move on your life, do it for the right reasons. Remember to seek the assistance and care of people that love and care for you.