Everybody over thinks about issues from time to time, they are plugged with a constant barrage of thoughts. They always second guess all their decisions and imagine a disastrous outcome. If you overthink, you may not be able to do anything.
Research done by Psychology Prof. Susan Nolen-Hoeksema of the University of Michigan showed that overthinking can affect young and middle-aged adults. The research has also shown that 57% of women over think than 43% of men.
You must never distract your mind, you must always learn to quiet your mind. You should always focus on whatever you do and break the habit of overthinking. This may always give you negative outcomes.
Eleven Quotes to Remember When You Are Overthinking:
– A quiet mind can hear intuition over fear.
– Do not ruin a new day by thinking about yesterday. Just let it go.
– Overthinking is the major culprit of unhappiness.
– Dear mind, please stop overthinking at night. I want to sleep.
– Stop overthinking, because you cannot control everything.
– Overthinking is like sitting in a rocking chair. It does give you something to do but it does not get you anywhere.
– Nothing can trouble you as much as your own thoughts.
– Overthinking is actually the art of creating problems that do not even exist.
– Do not worry about what can go wrong. Get excited about what can go right.
– Before you quit, try. Before you pray, forgive. Before you criticize, wait. Before you react, think. Before you talk, listen.
– You won’t be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.
Here’s How to Stop Overthinking:
– Remember that awareness is the beginning of change
Remember, before you start addressing with your habit of overthinking, you must learn to stop it whenever it happens. Whenever you feel anxious or stressed or doubting, you must step back and think clearly about the situation and the way you are responding. Remember that this is the moment where you have to understand that this is actually the seed of the change that you want to make.
– Repeat peaceful words to yourself on a regular basis
You must always get rid of negative thoughts. They will be helpful for you to spend an amazing and wonderful day. You should stop the habit of overthinking at night. Affirmations are statements that will help you to let go of negative thoughts.
Here’re some good examples:
“I want to live in the present moment as well as appreciate the beauty of what is going on today.”
“I won’t let my imagination show me disastrous futures.”
“I can decide what I’ll think about. I won’t let my thoughts control me.”
It is better if you can make your own positive daily affirmations and say them into your mirror.
– Practice meditation
This is a great way to stop yourself from overthinking. You can meditate for at least 10 minutes to keep yourself on track. This will stop you from overthinking and help you to look deep down into who you are. A short meditation session will be enough for you to witness your overthinking mind. Through this, you can drop anything that is negative in your life.
This article and its content are copyright protected. Please do not republish without receiving prior consent from the author. Thank you.